Pages

Tuesday 1 September 2015

One day

Being a mother of two active and strong willed child is like riding a roller coaster. It is thrilling, exciting yet frightening. Difference is the real roller coaster ride only last within minutes but life, it keeps rolling up and down, up and down.

Yesterday was truly a trying time, I thought I was strong and could fight back but in the end I turned into a softie and burst into tears right in front my kids. For the record, I have always refrained myself from any sort of emotional outbursts especially in front of my kids but yesterday was just too much to hold back. RK was too young to understand but AB, she cried with me. Oh, that girl! It breaks my heart to see tears welled up in her big round eyes and it breaks me even more to realized what a lousy mother I am.

Seeing that AB started to cry, I quickly pulled myself together to calm her down and gave her a hug. Kids being kids, she was immediately back to her happy and cheerful self.  As for me, I realized the struggles are real and will always be there. The struggle of being a mother, a wife, a daughter, a daughter-in-law, a sister, a friend. Expectations are high and honestly, I'm not even sure if I could keep up.

For now, these two are my pillar of strength and they give me the power to brave through storm. Hopefully one day I will be able to laugh through this. One day....

4 comments:

  1. It's ok to cry and it's absolutely ok to cry in front of your girls... then only they know, they can too express themselves when they need to! In a good way of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...hang in there Momma!

    ReplyDelete